Monday, January 4, 2010

Hurry Up And Wait- Acts 1

Acts 1 is where it all starts. This is the moment that Jesus officially turns the disciples loose on the world. He sends them out to turn things upside down! (Acts 17:6) Then they run head-first into their ministries and everything goes great, right? Wrong? The first thing Jesus says to do is wait (v.4).
I hate waiting. It is not a gift of mine. I want instant results, and I want them yesterday!!! But God has been dealing with me lately about patience. I'm too impatient to develop patience... Doesn't that take a long time? There are things to do, people to see, lives to be changed. I can't develop patience. I don't have time!
But Jesus tells the disciples to wait. But not just wait, they are waiting for power. They probably could have run out head-first and gotten some things done, but I doubt they would have accomplished 3,000 people in one day without power (Acts 2:41). When we wait for His timing, we're not delaying the results, we're magnifying them! We are making our lives exponential. We become more than ourselves, and accomplish more than is possible. Waiting for His timing gets things done!
I guess I can learn patience... If I have too...
I hope it's quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment