Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Just Like New- Acts 11

I’m going to confess something kind of silly. I love infomercials. I don’t think I’ve ever ordered a product from one, but I love to watch them. I think they’re funny. My favorite is the people that have to act like life is so hard without the product being sold. They can’t get out of their blanket, can’t open a can, and it breaks their back to use a vacuum. I love to laugh at those things.
So many of these commercials tell you that their product will make your old stuff like new. You’ll never know it was used! I always thought that if it was so great, they should also sell you some junky stuff to clean up too. They could make a lot more money that way!
In Acts 11:15, Peter says the Holy Spirit fell on the Gentiles like had happened to them at the beginning. The anointing was just like new!
I think it is awesome that every time the holy Spirit moves, it’s just like new. He hasn’t lost any of His power. He hasn’t lost any of His desire to move in our lives. It’s just like new.
If it seems a little old to you, maybe you need to pray for a fresh move of God in your life. It can be just like new!

No comments:

Post a Comment