Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Like Jesus- Acts 10

My goal as a Christian is to be like Jesus. A little more every day. My goal isn’t to go to church, or preach good sermons. I’m not trying to “be a better person” and I’m not trying to get to Heaven. I want to be like Him. All those other things will take care of themselves if I’m like Him.
Acts 10:38 is one of the coolest verses in the entire Bible. It’s like the Gospel wrapped up into one sentence (like a Gospel Burrito!). Jesus was anointed, and then went around using that anointing. Pretty simple. Pretty powerful. Pretty awesome.
This verse is a mouthful. It is so powerful that a man named John G Lake read it on April 28, 1898, and was so awestruck by its power that he dared to believe that God could heal, and saw thousands of miracles happen at his hands. I told you it was powerful!
The part that hits me like a ton of bricks is that Jesus went around healing all who were sick. Not some. Not the ones with the most faith. Not the ones that cried the most. Not the ones with the saddest story. All. Little word, huge impact! He healed them all.
It has long been a prayer of mine that God would anoint me to heal the sick. Sure I have prayed for some sick people and they have been healed, but I’m looking for something more. Something deeper. All. One word. That is what I want. All.
Healing the sick is just one way that I strive to be like Jesus. What is it for you? Is there something you struggle with? Is there something you dream about? How are you striving to be more like Him?
All I know is, I want it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment