Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm Full- John 4

If you know me, you know I like to eat. I am no stranger to the dinner table (although lately I've been on a stupid diet!). If there are words that I rarely utter, then they are probably "I'm full"! I can almost always find room for more. The only time I'm ever full is when I go to God's gift to mankind: a Chinese buffet!!
In verse 34 of John 4, Jesus talks about being full. But He isn't talking about food. He says that He finds His satisfaction in doing the work of God. He gets everything He needs through serving the Father.
When was the last time you really felt satisfied with life? When was the last time that you looked at your life and thought, "I'm full"? When was the last time you let yourself be satisfied through your service to the Father.
He is everything we could ever need. We don't need cars, or houses, or money, or members of the opposite sex, or positions, or titles, or power. We need Him. We need our fulfillment to come from serving the King of all Creation.
I pray that today you can look back at your day and say, "I'm full!"

No comments:

Post a Comment