Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Obedience School- John 14

I have never been much of an animal trainer. I tried to train dogs when I was a kid, but was never really successful. My dogs never really sat, stayed, or fetched. They just kind of slobbered and looked at me with confused dog look. I did train my cat Hank to come to his name, but I'm not sure that counts. I was never really obedience school material as a trainer.
Unfortunately, most of us aren't obedience school material as trainees either. A couple of times in this chapter, Jesus says that the sure sign that we belong to Him is that we obey Him. Love = Obedience. That doesn't sound like any fun! Who likes to obey? But Jesus says that if we don't obey, we don't belong to Him.
The question we need to ask ourselves is: Are we obedient? Do we belong to Him? Too often, we read Scripture and apply it to somebody else. Or we think that it couldn't possibly mean what it says. But the mark of a true Christian is obedience. So, I guess we had better start obeying. We need to go to Spiritual Obedience School.

No comments:

Post a Comment