Thursday, April 1, 2010

I Want the Proof!- John 13

I have always loved detective stories, and TV shows about police cases, and legal procedure. I'm kind of a nerd, I know. But these kind of things flip a switch of excitement and imagination inside of me. I love the search for the truth. And even more, I love to see how the case for the truth is built. I love to see the proof!
So where is the proof? (They say that they proof is in the pudding... I never found it there, but I did eat the pudding!) Where is the proof that I am a follower of Christ? In John 13, Jesus says that the proof is in my love for others.
Sometimes I wish that was a typo! It is hard to love others sometimes. People can make you angry. They can get on your nerves. They can be so stubborn. They can be difficult. They can do stupid things. They can be deceitful. They have be arrogant. They can be self-serving. People are not so much fun sometimes! Why do I have to love them????
Jesus answered that question so well. He said we should love others the same way He has loved us. We do all those things to God that we hate. We don't always treat Him the best. But He still loves us. He still extends His mercy and grace. And He asks us to do the same.
The proof is in your love. If you can love the arrogant, decietful, annoying people in your life, it is a sure sign that His love is in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment