Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back.......

So, it has been a while since I posted something new to my blog. The whole purpose of this blog was to allow the Word of God to speak to me and affect my life, and write about that process. Over the last few weeks, I have been up against probably the most formidable personal foe I have ever done battle with. This battle I have been fighting has made me question nearly everything in my life, including my salvation. I am not sure I have ever been shaken like I have been over the last month. So I took some time off of the blog so that I could collect my thoughts, and once again approach the point where I could allow God to speak to me and through me by using this platform.
Starting tomorrow, I will begin again to regularly blog my way through the Scriptures. I will pick up in Acts 27, right where I left off. I will post 5-7 times per week, just like I had originally planned. I know God will help me to make obedience to His Word a top priority. I pray He will help you too . We show that obedience by trying to gain truth about life, and personal insight through His Word. I pray that will be the case for both you and me.
One of the most incredible things that has happened in my heart over this month has been the total destruction of who I thought I was as a man, a pastor, and a Christian. I am not who I convinced myself I was. Although I am actually terribly insecure, I began to see myself not just as a good person and Christian, but I saw myself as very good. I think this was somehow to compensate for my insecurity, but no matter what the reasoning was, that is what happened.
The Lord has been gently, lovingly, and sometimes violently reminding me that He is the One who sits on the throne. I am not victorious because of anything I say or do. My only victory lies in the fact that I have chosen to live my life for Him. Any victory I can win on my own doesn’t really matter, because it is confined to this world. When God wins for me, those prizes are eternal. Nothing can take away what He does in me.
Lord, I desperately seek you. My desire is to know Your desire. Let my heart beat as Yours does. I have vacated my throne, and can’t wait to see what happens next, now that You sit on it.
I hope and pray that my blog will be a blessing to you. Let God’s Word sink into your spirit, and daily transform you into the image of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment