Monday, March 14, 2011

Current Events...

So, I've been asked several times lately (especially in the last few days) what I think about the world's current events. People are wondering about the Second Coming of Christ. People want to know if I think these are the End Times.
My overall perspective on the End Times is: The only thing I can really do is give my life completely to serve God and serve others, and whatever happens, happens.
Maybe this is an overly simple perspective, but I figure that none of my calculating, speculating, or guessing is going to make things happen any differently, so I will just live my life in Ready Mode!

For a little more info about the Second Coming of Christ, check out this link:
http://ag.org/top/beliefs/our_core_doctrines/second_coming/

On it, you'll find a few videos from the Assemblies of God about the Second Coming. The first two choices are from George Wood, the General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God. The "Sermon Lead-In" is just a shorter version of the "Complete Teaching" video. Then there are two more options that can give you a little more info. I hope you find it helpful!
Let me leave you with the beginning of Psalm 46. It reminds us to put our trust in God, no matter what is happening around us!

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble.
That is why we are not afraid even when the earth quakes or the mountains topple into the depths of the sea.
Water roars and foams, and mountains shake at the surging waves.

Psalm 46: 1-3 GWT

No comments:

Post a Comment