Monday, January 17, 2011

Review of SOUL PRINT

So, I've recently started a new "job." I'm reviewing Christian books, and posting my reviews online. the best part is that they "pay" me with free books to review!!
So, I just finished reading SOUL PRINt by Mark Batterson. I'm pasting in my online review below. This really is a book that everyone should read!!

SOUL PRINT would be considered typical Mark Batterson, if Mark Batterson could be in any way considered typical. I'm convinced that he could write about soil composition and keep it interesting enough to sell books!
In SOUL PRINT, Mark Batterson talks about a couple of the buzzwords we hear and use in the Christian world: identity and destiny. Even though these are pretty common terms, SOUL PRINT takes a very different look at them.
Through the life of David, we see that our identity isn't just who we are now, but it is also who we have been, and who we are going to become... And God is interested in us seeing His point of view about all three! SOUL PRINT helps us find how God wants to redeem our past, possess our present, and direct our future... He loves every part of us, and our destiny is wrapped up in understanding that!
As far as I'm concerned, every Christian should have this book on their reading list (I am a Pastor, and I am planning on buying a copy for every new Believer in our church!). New Christians and "seasoned saints" will find something for them in SOUL PRINT. This absolutely is a must read!!

No comments:

Post a Comment